Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Return to the wonderful world of PPC.

Practical Police Combat indoors.

I recently found that the Michigan Police Combat Pistol Association (MPCPA) in the early '90's started allowing civilians to compete in their indoor matches.

I hadn't shot PPC since my Security officer days with Sanford Security back in the '70's.

Using my 6" S&W model 66-1, I've been able to shoot a high of 598 (600) in the indoor 2012 season, finishing 5th in the MPCPA State indoor championships!

I've picked up a true PPC gun this fall, built on an old S&W model 10-5, with a Bomar rib, a bull barrel, and an aristocrat barrel weight. I've slicked up the action and it now has a sweet 6 3/4# double Action trigger pull.

Will keep you posted!

Will be shooting on the Howell Trap League also this winter! BRRRRRRR... going to get out the ol '63 Browning Broadway Trap and use some 1 oz loads ...


No comments:

Post a Comment